Ep #22: Stock Splits
I’ve seen a couple of prominent stock splits recently, so in this episode, I’ll be talking about what stock splits are and how they work. Listen in to get a crash course on the pros and cons of a stock split, as well as some common misconceptions about them.
Keep in mind that this is not a recommendation in any way to buy any of the stocks that I discuss. They are, however, great examples for me to explain how stock splits work and allow you to get a better understanding of what they are and how they may or may not affect your finances.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What a stock split is.
- Why companies decide to split their stocks.
- Common misconceptions about stock splits.
- The pros and cons.
- How stock splits work.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“There’s not a real increase in benefit to the stocks just because they split.” – Jonathan Bednar
“It’s important to know the fundamental concepts so that you know what the impact would be on your portfolio.” – Jonathan Bednar
“A stock split comes when a company wants their stock to be more readily investible to more people, so they split the shares to make it more attractive.” – Jonathan Bednar
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jonathan Bednar: Email | Twitter | LinkedIn
- What The Wealth?! by Jonathan Bednar. This book serves to breakdown retirement tips and how to create a future financial plan that will serve you for years to come. Jonathan also talks about achieving your hopes and dreams aside from financial goals.
- Want to learn more about important financial topics from our expert- Jonathan Bednar? Visit our blog here to read more!
- Feel free to subscribe to our podcast below!
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: