Are you ready to transition into retirement? Many of us save our entire careers in hopes of having a comfortable retirement, but the actual process of retirement can bring a lot of stress if we are not prepared. Luckily, there are certain questions you can ask yourself to ensure a smooth transition into retirement. Here to help us dive into these questions today is Nic Nielsen, co-founder of Know My Plan.
Listen in as we discuss how to map out your health insurance and how to mentally prepare for not physically going into work every day. You will learn the importance of following your dreams, what you need to consider about life insurance, and the benefit of having an emergency fund for unexpected expenses.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of having healthcare.
- What an opportunity fund is and how to implement this into your financial plan.
- How to prepare for transitioning into retirement.
- Why choosing where you live in your retirement can make a big difference.
- Why you should focus on your dreams rather than goals.
- What you need to know about life insurance.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“The bottom line is you have to have healthcare. It’s too big of a risk to not have healthcare.” – Nic Nielsen
“I think ‘cash is king’ is a complete lie. I think ‘access to cash is king’ is a bit more accurate.” – Nic Nielsen
“The things you have to have in place are life insurance, disability insurance, and your estate planning documents. To me, those are non-negotiables.” – Nic Nielsen
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Jonathan Bednar: Email | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Nic Nielsen: Website | LinkedIn
- What The Wealth?! by Jonathan Bednar
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: